Creating and maintaining a website is a combination of ever-evolving science and art. As a Content Management System and blogging tool, WordPress is great and flexible for website creation. Website content can stay fresh, accurate and relevant through application of its user-friendly Visual Editor.
WordPress puts the most important information at the top of the page, which is a very helpful feature for search engine optimization in today’s competitive international trade activity. To put it simply, the best looking, most elegant and smartly designed blog can be created by WordPress.
WordPress is no longer merely a blogging platform, it has evolved to power more than 23.3% of the top 10 million websites as of January 2015. Moreover, it is totally FREE, coupled with thousands of free plugins and themes, and is supported by an extensive WordPress Support community where help is readily available.
Though there are other, more powerful platforms available, their demand for a very steep learning curve makes it an unpleasant and unfavorable choice for beginners. In this article, we have compiled all the major aspects to building a WordPress blog from scratch – starting from installation, right through to blog promotion.
- Chapter 1: Choosing the Right WordPress Web Host
- Chapter 2: Installing WordPress
- Chapter 3: Beautify Your WordPress Blog – WordPress Themes
- Chapter 4: WordPress Plugins – Add functionality to your WordPress Blog
- Chapter 5: Essential Free WordPress Plugins
- Chapter 6: Essential Premium WordPress Plugins
- Chapter 7: Make Your WordPress Blog SEO-Friendly
- Chapter 8: Secure Your WordPress Blog
- Chapter 9: Backup Your WordPress Blog – Top Plugins
- Chapter 10: Upgrade WordPress Core and Plugins
- Chapter 11: WordPress Add-Ons
- Chapter 12: WordPress Styling Tips
- Chapter 13: Writing Your WordPress Blog
- Chapter 14: Marketing Your WordPress Blog