In Chapter 4, we outlined why and when one would need to install plugins to a WordPress blog. The WordPress core is specially designed to minimize the code. Hence, the following plugins are essential to improving the website performance, increasing search engine ranking, and optimizing the code and images.
WordPress plugins for security
Security is one of the most crucial factors for any blogger. To set your mind at ease, there are numerous plugins available in the market that can help you maintain your website’s security. Here follows some popular security WordPress plugins:
- Akismet | Comment Spam Prevention for your Blog
- WordFence | Enterprise class security and performance plugin that makes your site up to 50 times faster and more secure.
- BulletProof Security | WordPress Website Security Protection – Firewall Security, Login Security, Database Security | Effective, Reliable and Easy to use.
- All In One WP Security & Firewall | A comprehensive, user-friendly, all in one WordPress security and firewall plugin for your site.
WordPress plugins for seo
The dream of every web master is to see his website in the top of the list. Using WordPress plugins, this dream can become a reality. Let us have a look at some popular SEO plugins:
- WordPress SEO by Yoast | Yoast’s WordPress SEO plugin is an All in One SEO solution for your WordPress blog, used by experts worldwide.
- SEO Ultimate | This all-in-one SEO plugin gives you control over meta titles & descriptions, open graph, auto-linking, rich-snippets, 404 monitoring, siloing &am
- Broken Link Checker | Periodically checks your site for broken links and missing images.
- Google SEO Pressor for Rich snippets | A powerful plugin to include Google Structured data. Support all snippets – Breadcrums, Events, Organizations, Places, People, Review Ratings, Recipes, Software Applications, Videos & much more.
- WP Meta SEO | WP Meta SEO give you the control over all your meta in your article and images.
WordPress plugins for backup
To secure and maintain a backup of your blog is vital. Too often, it takes a bad experience to realize the importance of backup. However, by proactively installing backup plugins, you can dodge the potential loss of your blog. There are many plugins available to secure your blog, like:
- WP DB Manager | Allows you to optimize your WordPress database, repair database, backup database, restore database, delete backup database , drop/empty tables and run selected queries.
- BackWPup | With BackWPup Pro you schedule automatic backups for your WordPress installation.
- ValutPress | ValutPress offers real-time backup, automated security scanning, and support from WordPress experts.
- WP Backup Bank | WP Backup Bank is a plugin that provides backup capabilities for WordPress. Backups are zip archives for WordPress and .sql for Database Backups.
WordPress plugins for optimizing your blog
When you browse a website and the pages take a minute or more to load, what would your reaction be? Inevitably, you will not stick around, but rather move on to the next best site. It is always good practice to optimize your blog to maintain and improve its ranking, reduce the server load, and increase response time. There are various plugins available for optimization, for example:
- WP-Optimize | WP-Optimize is an extensive WordPress database cleanup and optimization tool. It doesn’t require PhpMyAdmin to clean and optimize your database tables.
- Autoptimize | Autoptimize speeds up your website and helps you save bandwidth by aggregating and minimizing JS, CSS and HTML.
- ZenCache™ | ZenCache™ Caching plugin is easy to use and provides advanced WordPress caching.